1. What information do we collect?
We ask for your name, telephone number, home address, email address and age for competitions, sweepstakes, or newsletter sign ups. When a purchase is made on our site, in addition to the above, we also ask for delivery address, and payment method details. We may obtain information about your usage of our Website to help us develop and improve it further through online surveys and other requests. Our website may also use a website recording service which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. We will not use the tool to collect any personally identifiable information or credit card numbers. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability.
2.What the Data will be used for?
Your data will enable us, and our processors, to fulfil your order, to notify you about important functionality changes and for statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and our services to you. We may also send you from time to time (by email or post) information about products and services and details of promotions and special offers from Repair it Reuse it. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, we offer a range of ways in which you can inform us about your marketing preferences:
• All email messages and email newsletters will contain information on how you can unsubscribe; or
• Send an email to our customer services division on our ‘ Get in Contact’ form on our website writing “unsubscribe” in the subject heading; or
• Call our customer services division – see the “Contact Us” section on our website.
• Write to us at: Repair it Reuse it, Overbrook Court, Overbrook Lane, Knowsley Business Park, Liverpool, L34 9FB
In assessing your request for goods or services, we may use your information for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud.
How do you get my consent? When you provide us with personal information to complete a quote, a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw? If after you opt in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at: Repair it Reuse it, Overbrook Court, Overbrook Lane, Knowsley Business Park, Liverpool, L34 9FB
2b. What information do we share with others?
We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including credit card processing, shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, market research, marketing and advertising services (including advertising on third party websites, social media networks and profiling) and promotions management. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Repair it Reuse it.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our terms and services.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Although no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure we implement general accepted industry standards.
4. Links to Third-Party Sites
5. Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Our store is hosted on WooCommerce. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through WooCommerce’s data storage, databases and the general WooCommerce application. For more insight, you may also want to read WooCommerce’s Terms and Conditions
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
Data protection legislation will undergo a significant change when the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect in May 2018.
This new legislation imposes guidelines on how organisations store and manage the data they hold on individuals, and has the ability to impose penalties on organisations that break the rules.
At Repair it Reuse it, the protection and care of data has always been a top priority. We have a dedicated team and are fully aware of the processes that must be in place to ensure our data is safe and secure. Below are the four key pillars of our commitment to comply with the regulations:
- Repair it Reuse it recognises that when we handle our customers’ data, we are jointly responsible for the care of that data – that means we must have robust processes in place for that purpose
- Repair it Reuse it has had in place a real focus on data protection for many years – that means having the people, resources and systems in place to protect every aspect of our operation and data, including any data you share with us
- When you pass your data to Repair it Reuse it, you can feel safe in the knowledge that we have data security experts in place to monitor our system security
- We are aware of the changes and have plans in place to ensure we always comply with GDPR legislation
- We are ready for GDPR although essentially for us it’s business as usual as we have always taken the security of our customers’ data seriously